Certificate in Technical Writing
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CERTIFICATE IN TECHNICAL WRITING (15 UNITS)
Open to All Students!
The Certificate in Technical Writing provides an opportunity for students from various disciplines to pursue interests in Technical Writing, and the certificate will prove valuable in a variety of career choices. The culmination of the certificate is the Project/Seminar course, which may be an internship or a project the student chooses in consultation with his or her advisor.
Courses may not fulfill the required sequence in the Literature and Writing major as well as count toward the certificate.
Technical Writing Certificate Required Courses (15 units)
- ENGL 330 Writing in the Disciplines (3)
- ENGL 482 Technical Writing (3)
- ENGL 483 Technical Visual Communication (3)
- ENGL 484 Technical Writing for the Sciences (3)
- ENGL 485 Technical Writing Project/Seminar (3)
Students interested in the Technical Writing Certificate should see Dr. Jacquelyn Kilpatrick, (805) 437-8865, for information or advising.